This event has already passed by. Sorry.
If you missed the chance to apply as a delegate to Slow Meat, but would like to attend the Symposium as an observer, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s time to turn the herd away from the tyranny of cheap meat. From June 4th to June 6th in Denver, Colorado Slow Meat will bring together producers, butchers, thought leaders and eaters of every ethos from across the globe to address the conundrum of industrial animal husbandry and to celebrate the alternatives.
Find out more and view a detailed schedule at www.slowfoodusa.org/slow-meat-2015
** Slow Food members are eligible for 15% discount on all ticketed events - need the code? Email membership @slowfoodusa.org **
SLOW MEAT 2015 AT A GLANCE
Thursday, June 4th: Early Bird Tours, Welcoming Reception, Denver Dine Around Dinners
Friday, June 5th: Slow Meat Symposium, Delegation Dinner
Saturday, June 6th: Delegate Breakfast, Slow Meat Fair
Most events take place at either The Curtis Hotel (1405 Curtis Street) of The SpringHill Suites (1190 Auraria Parkway).
- During the day on Thursday, from 8am to 3pm, four sites in the Denver-metro area
will give visitors a chance to explore a range of Slow Meat businesses and
producers. Departing from the SpringHill Suites.
- Local restaurants around the city will serve up Slow Meat inspired menus to intimate gatherings of 10 to 30 people on Thursday evening. Each meal will be hosted by an organization or expert who will stimulate discussion during the meal.
- Pick up materials and check in for for the Symposium beginning at 7am on Thursday and Friday.
- The Symposium will take place beginning on June 4th, with an evening cocktail reception. At The Curtis.
- Friday, June 5th will be fully programmed with discussions and
networking opportunities inclusive of breakfast, lunch, and and off site dinner. At the Curtis.
- On Saturday morning the delegation will reconvene in order to
identify priority Slow Meat initiatives and commit to collaborations in the year ahead. At the SpringHill Suites.
- On Saturday, the Fair will bring Slow Meat to the public at large
through educational presentations, interactive workshops, a bookshop,
culinary demos, and of course lots of delicious ways to enjoy “better
meat, less.” The Fair will span both an outdoor marketplace and indoor
taste education events. At the SpringHill Suites.
Please note that all ticket purchases for Early Bird Tours, Dine Around Dinners, and Culinary Workshops are final and non-refundable.